Sunday, November 1, 2009

800 temple lockers



Some weeks ago I learned that during the two week Oct. temple closer they wanted all of the lockers and stalls painted in the Mesa Arizona Temple dressing rooms. That would be 800 lockers four to a stall. The best advise I got while researching this project was figure a good price double it and pray you do not get it. I did so, but my prayers were not answered. I got it. Elaine headed up the prep and clean up crew. All temple worthy of course. We used miles of tape paper and plastic. The paint was a nasty two part epoxy that had only a 4 hour pot life before it turned to stone. I lost one $200 hose and gun during the project for not cleaning it our properly between sessions. An industrial fan was set up in one of the emergency exits and ran 24 hours a day while we were working to draw the vapors out of the temple. You could smell it all the way across the parking lot. I could only paint for a couple of hours at a time before I had to leave and air out. I'm not sure how many brain cells I lost in the two weeks. They paint these lockers every ten years. I will not be bidding on them next time at any price.  Errol 

Windows 7: Simplify your PC. Learn more. 

1 comment:

Richard said...

Yes, it would appear that my parents took a camera into the temple...