Sunday, November 22, 2009

Organizing

Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:20:35 -0700

No one could accuse me of being a neat freak. In my mind I love organization and my only hope of getting there is to have less stuff. My goal is to be a minimalist but it takes too much work. By the side of my bed there has been for many years a binder that started out as a journal. Over the years it has become a place that I stuffed memorable things that I wanted to save.

Tonight I pulled it up on the bed and started going thought it. There were letters from my children, talks, birthday notes,appreciation notes from ward members, lists of all the cars and trucks I had bought over the years,{it is in the 60's} etc. My goal was to throw much of it away. That didn't happen. There was a reason I had stashed the stuff in the binder and I found that even though I hadn't looked at it for years I wanted to keep the evidence that someone thought kindly of me at some time.

One of my favorite birthday cards was from Heidi.[Picture of trees and forest] Dad I'll never forget how you used to take me places---Open card--but I always found my way home. I hope we will always know where home is and be able to find our way there.

This week my plan is to start training as a Lemo driver. There is a Lemo/ bus business up on Main that I stopped in at this week. I only work 30 hrs for the school so I thought I could get a few Lemo gigs on the side during the holidays. The pay is higher plus tips. Just branching out the arms of my new career.

Bad news this week. For the last five years I have been nurturing four aspen trees up in Pine. Rob and family helped me plant them. I was told it would be a challenge as the elk and deer love to eat the bark. We dutifully sprayed them with liquid fence [terrible smelling stuff that repells most animals] for these years but lost two of them last year. The other two were getting healthy in size and we love the look of Aspen. Last week when we went up these two were stripped of all there bark. So much for my Aspen forest. Love Dad

No comments: