Sunday, January 20, 2008

memories: haircuts

Since I got married I think I have only paid for two haircuts. Elaine has always cut my hair. She gives me a senior discount now. Someone might figure what that has saved over the passed forty years??  $$$
 
In Afton Wyo. there were two barber shops when I was growing up. Art Roberts was on the West side of main street and a Merritt was on the East side of main almost directly across from each other. Just as people have different doctors or churches we had our favorite barber. Dad and I went to Art Roberts. Haircuts were $1.25. When Dad was in the hospital with his knee injury his hair got long and Mom persuaded Art to come to the hospital and cut his hair.
 
On my mission in Finland we got our hair cut at the beauty shop and all the barbers were usually younger females. A haircut there included the getting your hair washed first and a head message afterwards. You can imagine that this was a pleasant experience for us young elders to look forward to.  Errol

No comments: