Saturday, March 29, 2008

Adventues in bus driving by Mr. B..........

I love this job.  It fulfills three of the major food groups.
 
You are needed by someone.
You are doing service.
You get to see  bright young students on your big yellow bus twice a day.
 
My biggest mistake of the week: At each student stop you are supposed to put the park brake on, put the transmission in neutral, and keep your foot on the service brake. This is so if something happened to the driver during a stop the bus doesn't go rolling down the road with a load of students. I haven't been following this procedure at every stop. On one of the stops that I did do it this week instead of putting the transmission in neutral I put in in reverse. The transmission gear selectors are three push buttons next to each other on the dash. As I released the park brake the bus started going backwards. Not impressive to anyone who is watching........Mr. B......

No comments: