Friday, March 7, 2008

Reflections

Dear Family.
 
In one month I will be 64 years old.  My Dad died when he was 65.  My Mom died when she was
 
73. Dad probably did not die of natural causes . He had a knee injury that had caused flibaitios or
 
blood clots below the knee and the danger is that the clots break loose and go to the heart or
 
brain. That is only speculation. He did die with his boots on. He had been doing some tractor
 
work that morning and they found him on the tractor. He had been a healthy hardy man all of his life except for getting hepititis once.
 
 Mom had had open heart surgery some 12 years before she died and she was probably due for
 
some more repairs if she had chosen to. I found her peacefully laying in her bed. She had died the night before. She had told me that she wanted to die in a dignified manner. I would say that she got her wish. She had come over about a week before she died and told us that she was so mad. She had had a dream the night before and dad had come for her but he did not take her. Apparently he came back the next week.
 
Now if you think all this talk about death makes you think you will be getting your vast inheritance soon forget it. I feel great. I have gone back to school and I will be driving a school bus soon with 40-60 lovely school kids on it.
 
By the way, I am looking for a nickname as a bus driver. Kids like to know your name but Errol is so often misunderstood and so rare I am looking for an appropriate new one. Any ideas??
 
Love, Dad
 
 

No comments: