Sunday, March 23, 2008

Mr. B the Bus Driver



Dear Friends,

Back in Dec. when I was released from the stake presidency the Arizona housing boom bottomed out at the same time. I thought this would be a good time to take a sabadical from the construction field and just wait for it to come back. It always has in the past. We had our homes and vehicles paid for and my social security and rental incomes in theory would sustain us.

I began semi-filling my days with semi-important things and without two or three nights at the stake center life took on a whole different tone. This worked out for about five weeks when I soon discovered that I seriously needed something each day to do and someone to report to.

My life has had plenty of service to the church but very little to the community. I started looking. The school system is always searching for bus drivers so I looked into that. Low pay,high turn over, and a chance to drive a 40 ft. bus twice a day in rush hour traffic. I'm thinking "This is the job for me".

The rest is history, Errol

No comments: