Sunday, April 22, 2012

Brothers



Subject: RE: Brothers
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 06:44:30 -0600

Thank you Liza for all the tender memories.   Each day we can make another good memory.
 

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:14:04 -0700
From: lbwdesigns@silverstar.com
To: julie@mckellars.net
CC: eebagley@hotmail.com; brunsotmt@gmail.com; patsyqbagley@hotmail.com; gracechristy@sbcglobal.net; oleyeller@oleyeller.com; scarlet@mckellars.net; tractorman@cableone.net
Subject: Re: Brothers


Dear Brothers and Sisters,
  I echo the feelings of all. I have said to  my children on numerous occasions that I hope that they continue to enjoy their close relationship with each other as much as we do as brothers and sisters. I think we have actually become closer since mom died. We used to keep in contact through her and now we do it direct.
I think of the spontaneous times that we have been together. A year ago in August when Errol and Elaine were taking Heidi to Cody to celebrate her birthday where she had been born. He called and invited any to join him as they went through Sixth Crossing to see John. It wasn't the perfect timing but I just couldn't not go.  The only thing that makes a gathering better is to have more of us together.
I think of when John called and said let's fly down and go to Jerom's wedding to share the event with Errol and Elaine. 
 I was overjoyed to see Errol and Elaine walk into the chapel when Tav and Tate were speaking and to have Errol and Terry come over to the Jackson fair and see the boys there.
Christy surprised me by popping in on a dance recital, maybe it was John who flew her in. 
Jerry would sometimes drop in on me on his way here and there. I remember a lovely lunch that we girls had at Patsy's in Jackson. She served a frozen fruit compote.

Being able to stay with Terry and Betty for a couple of weeks before the twins were born was such a blessing.
 We have had numerous adult dinners at Julie's.
Being together is a taste of heaven here on earth. Think of the amazing time that we will have when we are with Mom, Dad, Jerry and Grandpa and Grandma Bagley and Call and so many others that I think we already have relationships with even though we didn't know them in this life.
Oh there are good times ahead!!!
Aa we walked down the beach on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica i heard this song playing. It could be the theme song of our family.

 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=seZMOTGCDag

I don't remember if I mentioned in an earlier email that on the Caribbean side we heard a group singing the song "I Had To Leave a Little Girl in Kingston town". I sang right along and had a flashback to Jerry singing the song in his sweet tenor voice. We the got on youtube and listened to a number of Harry Belafonte songs and had a little "time with Jerry". We miss him. 
Love to all, Liza
--- julie@mckellars.net wrote:

From: Julie Mckellar <julie@mckellars.net>
To: Errol Bagley <eebagley@hotmail.com>
Cc: terry brunson <brunsotmt@gmail.com>, <patsyqbagley@hotmail.com>, <gracechristy@sbcglobal.net>, <oleyeller@oleyeller.com>, <lbwdesigns@silverstar.com>, <scarlet@mckellars.net>, <tractorman@cableone.net>
Subject: Re: Brothers
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:41:20 -0600

Dear Errol:

I loved your little summary of sharing time
with John at Sixth Crossing.
Thanks for recording your thoughts.

I know that Dad and Mom would both be tickled to know of this
intertwining of your lives at this time.
Isn't this what we all want?  The love of our children to continue and increase.
We want so much for them to share and enjoy one another.
Our own children learn more from what we do than any other way.
Our times together are very important.  Let's not forget to make them happen.
We will continue to need and and love one another.

I have so often told Liza and Christy that the greatest gift 
Mom gave to me was my sisters!
Both my brothers and my sisters have been so important to me,
I am proud of all of you and so ready to call attention to the fact that
you are MY BROTHER or SISTER!
I so often call attention to my own children of the
bond that we have.

I love you all, and this extends to your wives and husbands!

Love, Julie

On Apr 15, 2012, at 11:52 PM, Errol Bagley wrote:

Elaine and I were released this week from the Wyoming Handcart Historical Sites. We had been back twice this winter to work on the new visitors center and we had indicated our willingess to come back in June and July of this summer if needed. During the winter three building missionary couples had been called and it was apparent that they were going to have plenty of missionaries for the summer without us. We were grateful to have served in such a unique mission.

John and I had basically parted ways when I left for my mission 50 years ago. With the exception of our summer time visits to Wyoming/Idaho for a few days we had not been together much. I think there was some apprehension on both of our parts to be thrown together in a small group with him as the director and ecclesiastical leader. For much of our growing up he had been my sometimes obnoxious younger brother and I had been his sometimes overbearing older brother.  It turned out to be a sweet experience. With the exception of me dropping a heavy log on his fingers once and him shouting some instructions while I was atop the sisor lift tangled up in four hoses trying to sandblast the ceiling there was no cowboy language exchanged between us.

I think we were both careful that there was no perceived favoritism shown with two brothers in the camp. John was an equal opportunity offender. He worked us all like rented mules. After a month in camp one of the older Elders came up to me and asked "Are you sure he is your brother?"

It became apparent that we both had a bit of a devious sense of humor which was helpful to make it though the day.

On my last interview with President Fenn I expressed thanks for being able to come to this mission. I also told him that I didn't think they could have found a contractor in the Western States that could have, with the help of a few senior missionaries brought a 10,000 sf three story log building from foundation to metal roof in a single season like my brother had done. He agreed.

The picture is John and I standing at the top of Prospect Hill. We wanted to stand somewhere were Anson Call would have for sure been. The sometimes multiple trails come together at this point for a long single pull up a hill. Thanks for the memories Grandpa.......

Errol Call Bagley
<100_0016.JPG>

No comments: